Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Bad Reality TV Night

SPOILER ALERT!
Okay, so I have a small (unnatural) addiction to reality TV, specifically "American Idol" and "America's Next Top Model." And tonight was a disappointing night for me.
Firstly was "Top Model." My favorite of the top three was Renee. Natasha seemed just weird (and did anyone else notice the tummy action going on? Methinks she stress-eats.), and Joslene was just this side of obnoxious. Renee by far had the best Cover Girl picture and ad. So why did she not make the top two? Because she looked too "old". Whatever.
Next was "Idol." I was absolutely convinced that Melinda was a shoo-in for the semifinals. In fact, I was positive that she would win (along with the rest of the world, I thought). Yet, she goes home tonight. The only reason I can think of is that she suffered from what I call the "too-good syndrome." It seems that every season, one of the best singers goes home way before their time. Last year it was Chris Daughtry (4th place), and the year before it was Bo Bice (2nd place). My theory is that the voters are so convinced that the frontrunner will move on that they don't vote for them, assuming that others will. It's the same idea that nobody will call the fire department when they see a fire, assuming that "someone else" will do it. Voters were so worried that Blake or Jordin would get the axe that they voted Melinda off.
So, this wasn't the best night for my shows. But I guess if the shows were always predictable they wouldn't be nearly as fun. It'll be interesting to see who wins "Idol" next week, because it's now anyone's game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you hunny, i was completly dissapointed!!