Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm back and other matters

Okay, so I haven't posted all summer and it's September(already?) and I'm officially a bad girl. It's been a busy summer; my sister came to visit and she didn't post anything either...
So Baby Ian's almost four months old now and is a totally normal baby. He's still a bit small for his age, but to me he's huge(and heavy!). And so far I've been lucky because all the comments I've received in public have been positive; for example, "What a cutie!", "What beautiful blue eyes!", etc. I've even had a elderly couple approach while I was breastfeeding in a mall. But today, while in line at the Tim's, this woman walked by and muttered just loudly enough for me to hear, "No hat, no nuthin". I was too stunned to say anything before she left, but I think I gave her a dirty look. She was probably forty, but she looked older, and definitely not attractive, in my oh-so-biased opinion. And it was cloudy and spitting outside, but it was certainly not very cold. And Ian did have a warm fuzzy blanket on his lap.
So on the drive home, I'm fuming, just a bit. And feeling a bit guilty. Should I have put a hat on Ian? And how dare she judge me, the old cow! I know I shouldn't let her ignorant comment get to me, but it does. Just a bit. So I thought I'd share it, and get it out of my system.

No comments: