Monday, December 11, 2006

This one's for you Rory!

Wow! People actually read my blog! I know this because two different people (okay one of them was my sister) asked me why I haven't posted lately. It's because there's been a lot going on lately, so I'll catch up.
Firstly, my step-daughter had her baby. She had a girl, Ivy Danu, on November 25 at 1pm. Ivy weighed 6lb 8oz at birth but she now weighs more than 8lb! She's a good eater! And she's so cute. I just love her and I can't wait till I have my own little one. She was born with a lot of light brown hair (well, a lot for a newborn) and she's grown even more. I can't wait until she's old enough to smile and laugh. Grandma's got some tricks up her sleeve to make that baby giggle!
Secondly, I have finished the first trimester of my pregnancy. Goodbye morning sickness! I have graduated to eating everything in sight. But I can't eat too much at once, because I still get full easily, just like before I got pregnant. So, I'm eating about every two hours. And when I'm not eating, I'm often thinking about food. Watching tv in the evening can get pretty bad because everything in the commercials looks good. Good thing I don't live within walking distance to any fast food places!













And as if that wasn't enough, the hormones have definitely kicked in mood-wise. I have road rage like you wouldn't believe and I can go from mild-mannered to cranky-pants in seconds. My co-workers already know that my sense of humour leans towards the darker side, but even I can't believe some of the stuff I have said. Of course I can't remember a specific example because I also have full-on baby brain. One day I didn't remember that I kissed my husband hello when he got home from work five minutes earlier!
But lest you think this pregnancy thing ain't all it's cracked up to be, let me tell you the delightful parts. One evening at work, we used the doppler to listen to the baby's hearbeat. It's sooooo cool to hear the "whoosh whoosh whoosh" I have heard so many times before and know it's my baby! There's this whole other being in there! And, I'm starting to show, so on my better days, I feel proud that I have this cute little belly (of course on my hormonal days, I just feel fat). I can't wait until my maternity clothes actually have a belly to fill them out (and people can tell I'm pregnant and not just spending too much time at the dessert table)!
So that's pretty much what's new here. I promise not to wait three weeks to post again. In fact, we're putting up our tree tomorrow night so that should be good for a funny entry. Later gator!

1 comment:

Small Town Teacher said...

I will reward you for blogging by adding a comment.
Mmm, Burger King. I haven't eaten there since last Christmas (When I was REALLY stupid and went to Metrotown to Christmas shop when I was in the area).